Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Monday 15 October 2018

Day 15 of 31 Days of Halloween


This year Leigh is hosting 31DOH!

πŸŽƒLeighSBDesigns 31 Days of Halloween Blog HopπŸŽƒ
Oct 1 - 31, 2018

The Blog Hop  linky party opens Oct 1st at 5 past midnight PDT and ends at 5 to midnight on Oct 31st!
  

For more details go to

πŸŽƒ LeighSBDesigns annual 31 Days of Halloween Blog HopπŸŽƒ

I will be sharing today's Halloween make on Leigh's page...
~~~~~~~

Recently I have been playing lots with acrylic paints (pours and with alcohol), Brushos and Alcohol Inks. Today's card is another go at using alcohol inks with the TIM HOLTZ alcohol lift off pad.





The stamp I used is a rubber one, from a Poe Collection, from Smeared Ink some years ago (unfortunately they are no longer trading).

I made an alcohol ink background mainly in blues and greens, applied the lift off pad to the stamp, stamped the background and then used this to stamp the envelope.



I then wiped the background with a tissue and trimmed this to size, placing it on a green layer and then onto a small square card blank.

Next I stamped the stamp again with Versafine to cut out another raven. This was on a Brusho background also in mainly blues. I added a touch more colour using Copics, and cut it out.



I then added this raven with dimensional pads...



Today (and tomorrow) is a Poe Day!!




 I will link this to Leigh's Page and some more 31 Days of Halloween sites:

Dream in Darkness - because this is the BEST MONTH OF THE YEAR

Lost Coast Portal Challenge #62 - I have used a rubber stamp

and 

Stampendous - just for fun...





~~~~~~~
My main project (when I start showing it) will contain a poem ... and here's a reminder for the current SPOT PRIZE!!

From which poem does the following verse come and who is the author?


"Friends, Romans, and countrymen, lend me your ears!"

   (They were all of them fond of quotations:

So they drank to his health, and they gave him three cheers,

   While he served out additional rations).

Email your answer to 

susanrenshaw0404@gmail.com


 before midnight on October 17th to be in the draw for a prize...

Happy Hopping!

P.S.  I have just heard that I won a prize with Day 9's card in the



16 comments:

  1. Fabulous makes with your inks, did you use Tim Holtz new release pad for Susan fir the ghost effect?

    Val, LeighSBDesigns DT x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was Tim Holtz alcohol lift pad

      Delete
    2. Also used it on this post...
      https://susanrenshaw0404.blogspot.com/2018/10/world-card-making-day-with-joy-clair_12.html

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous, Susan! I've yet to try that technique. Too many new things, not enough time. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your prize. Both great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! Love all the inks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the RAVEN stamp. I am going to have to try the alcohol lift, the reverse image is pretty awesome! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is really wonderful! love the background and the blues and greens you used for your raven. thanks for joining the lost coast designs halloween blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these. I don't have alcohol inks but I am really tempted to buy a few colors and the alcohol lift ink pad just so I can try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, these are gorgeous, especially the popped up bird on the bright green background. Love these Susan. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to try the acrylic paints.
    I've used them on canvas and
    such but never for the background
    of a greeting card. thanks for
    the idea. The raven is great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to get out my alcohol inks and try out my new ink lift pad! Great effect on your project! And.... congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful :-) I forgot that I have this stamp set..... I must go and firk it out LoL xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooolala, so BOOtiful, it worked perfectly with the SI stamp! Congrats on your win!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks wonderful and you manage the lifting technique so well - I'm still learning. Awesome raven image too. Thanks for joining the fun at the Dream in Darkness Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.