Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Tuesday 23 October 2018

October 23rd - Day 23 of 31 Days of Halloween


This year Leigh is hosting 31DOH!

🎃LeighSBDesigns 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop🎃
Oct 1 - 31, 2018

The Blog Hop  linky party opens Oct 1st at 5 past midnight PDT and ends at 5 to midnight on Oct 31st!
  

For more details go to

🎃 LeighSBDesigns annual 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop🎃

I will be sharing today's Halloween make on Leigh's page...

~~~~~~~


When my daughter and I were doing some acrylic pours the other day I thought it would be good to make a Halloween fairy door:


Behind the door I placed a commercial fairy card:


What do you think?


I also have a couple of cards to show you - once again I have been using that Tim Holtz alcohol lift pad! I have used this lovely pumpkin stamp - as you know we have just harvested all our pumpkins!


In the first card I made two blue heart shaped frames using nesting dies.


I used these to frame a section of alcohol background on which had been stamped the SU Paisley pumpkin with the alcohol lift pad and also the transferred image. 
I die cut happy and its background from the alcohol background and the blue card.


In the second card I used an oval frame around a section of alcohol ink background with the pumpkin image.


I added the witch (unbranded) and Best Witches (Tonic) die cut in black.


I will add my two cards to the Twofer Challenge - Harvest


~~~~~~~

SPOT PRIZE Number 3!!
(mentioned on Saturday)

My question - another poem for you...From which poem is the follow stanza?
Email the name and author before midnight October 25th -
susanrenshaw0404@gmail.com -
and you will go in the draw to win a prize...

Oh, fruit loved of boyhood! the old days recalling, 
When wood-grapes were purpling and brown nuts were falling! 
When wild, ugly faces we carved in its skin, 

Glaring out through the dark with a candle within! 

Happy Hopping!





12 comments:

  1. That pumpkin is really pretty! Love the design on it.
    Darling cards. The Fairy Door is fantastic!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fairy door from your acrylic pour is sensational, Susan! And I love the designs and successful results you got with your AI Lift Off pad using that beautiful pumpkin stamp! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #10! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a magical fairy door!!! I have been tempted to try an acrylic pour. The Alcohol lifts are beautiful, Love how they turned out. You are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Fairy door and the cards are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fairy door is fangtastic.
    Love the pumpkin - so elegant.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoWza ! Awesome pieces. The fairy door is so pretty and the pumpkin cut outs are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fairy door is beautiful, Susan. Two great cards for the Twofer Challenge too. I love your alcohol backgrounds. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. FaBOOlous projects Susan!!! Love your fairy door and all your lift ink projects are so BOOtiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The fairy door is positively magical, Susan! That pumpkin image is so beautifully detailed ... and looks fabulous lifted from those bold, vibrant alcohol ink panels ... a super duo! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Twofer! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun post all around with your projects and poem! Your fairy sitting behind the dirty pour door is so cool! Great alcohol ink lifting projects, Susan! I love that beautiful pumpkin image and it's perfect for that technique. Thanks for joining in the fun with us at the Twofer Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous projects, I made some creations with these doors and I love what you did.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.