Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Friday 19 October 2018

October 18th - Day 18 of 31 Days of Halloween


This year Leigh is hosting 31DOH!

🎃LeighSBDesigns 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop🎃
Oct 1 - 31, 2018

The Blog Hop  linky party opens Oct 1st at 5 past midnight PDT and ends at 5 to midnight on Oct 31st!
  

For more details go to

🎃 LeighSBDesigns annual 31 Days of Halloween Blog Hop🎃

I will be sharing today's Halloween make on Leigh's page...
~~~~~~~


The first thing I want to show you today is an 'inchie' - this is an ATC featuring inch square shapes.



I started with a brown rectangle matted with a background made with Brushos through a tree stencil - I think this MAY be my last scrap of these backgrounds that I made a couple of weeks ago!!

Then I used a scrap of alcohol ink background and the Tim Holtz alcohol lift pad with a Stampin' Up spiders web stamp.



I then used a 1 inch square punch to punch some squares and added them to the ATC.
Finally I used my favourite spider stamp (very old from Lost Coast Designs) to stamp a few spiders, using alcohol ink from the strip again.



Can you see the spider hiding top right?



~~~~~~~

Are you waiting for the winner of the current SPOT PRIZE?

I asked...

From which poem does the following verse come and who is the author?


"Friends, Romans, and countrymen, lend me your ears!"

   (They were all of them fond of quotations:

So they drank to his health, and they gave him three cheers,

   While he served out additional rations).

I was very pleased to have so many correct entries!

I'm afraid some of you did fall into my little trap...

"Friends, Romans, and countrymen, lend me your ears!"


 is the first line of a speech by Mark Antony in the play Julius Caesar, by William Shakespeare.

But the whole verse printed above is from

The Hunting Of The Snark -  a Poem by Lewis Carroll


and this is the poem that I am including in my main 31DOH project!

Anyway I put the names of all the people with correct answers in the hat and got my independent adjudicator to pick one out...


And the winner is


So Valerie Snaith - please email your address and your prize will be in the post...
susanrenshaw0404@gmail.com

Before I finish today, one more ATC


You'll probably see this little guy in my main project now and then - as a Beaver is one of the characters in the poem.


My ATC is brown card, then marbled background with the Beaver embossed on this in black. I added three gems and a die cut letter B for Beaver. The stamp is wooden-backed from Stamps Direct.



Watch out for the next SPOT PRIZE...

Happy Hopping!





14 comments:

  1. Love the Brushos with the tree stencil! Great background! And awesome effect with the web stamp!
    Congrats to Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally wicked cool, loving the spider webs! YAY, congrats Val on winning the prize!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both ATCs are great! I love the effect of the Alcohol Lift... I MUST get some! Yes, I see the bitty spider in the top right corner! Great background on the beaver ATC it almost looks like water!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh - that ATC is amazing. I am soooo in LUV with that turquoise strip you made. :-)
    Congrats to Val for the spot prize. I enjoyed your little quiz :-D
    Great Beaver !! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use inchies, clever. I really
    do need to try the alcohol lifting.
    (And I also want to say thanks so much for
    your comments on my flickr acct.!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great beaver.
    He's a biggie.
    Enjoyed looking for the
    title of the poem.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. The marbled background is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the ATCs and Inchies....you should join the UK Stampers group as they do inchie swaps. Thank you Susan for my win. Will send email.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats Valerie. Love that cute little b is for beaver. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the blues in your square scraps and the marbled background behind your beaver.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.