Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Saturday 17 October 2020

Day 17 of 31 Days of Halloween

           

Once again Leigh is hosting 31DOH!

For more details go to

Oct 1 - 31, 2020


The Blog Hop  linky party opens Oct 1st at 9am PDT and ends at 5 to midnight on Oct 31st!
  

You can join in any time with just one post - 
or more!

I will be sharing today's Halloween make on Leigh's page...Day 1
🎃
~~~~~~~

So let's celebrate Halloween!!
And we are over Half-way!!

I have mentioned a few times that this 31DOH I decided to make a few books - you have seen quite a lot of my Hall0ween Junk Journal, my 'eek' book and the start of my Spooky Season book.


Today I am going to show you the start of another book...

At the same time as the above I made another cover:


Again I used packaging cardboard, washi tape and marbled backgrounds.

In this book I added pages each matted with more marbled backgrounds.

A few years ago I took part in a swap where we each had to illustrate a verse from the poem Haunted Houses by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
This was my page:


I don't think I ever received the whole set!

This year I decided to make this little book the whole poem.

This is the front:


I am not sure where the graveyard came from - it was in my scraps - but the ghosts are from Tim Holtz dies,

This is the first page:


This house stamp is from Colour Blast - I love it!
I stamped it in black Archival and added a little bit of colour with Copics.

I am not sure if you can see the ghost.


I cut it from tracing paper...










I will add this make to Leigh's Linky!

I am also very pleased to be participating in the Countdown to Halloween Blog Hop



Happy Hopping!


 



10 comments:

  1. Awesome page Susan. Love the vellum ghost. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little book. That house stamp is amazing...very eerie! thanks of joining in on the fun at lost coast designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Day 17 of my 31 Days of Halloween...so thrilled to have you joining in the spooktivities again this year with another one of your faBOOlous books! This one is off to a faBOOlous start with the fun houses and that spooky ghost!
    Happy Haunting & Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this page. That house stamp is awesome! Love the ghost and your background. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the marbled backgrounds and that Tim's Ghosts are FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your book is looking Spooktacular Susan, love the ghost die!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your journals are amazing!!! I love the covers, great colors. You have put so much work into all of them... That is my all time favorite ghost die!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That ghost is definitely haunting as it seems to float on the page! The house stamp is sooo great! I am really loving these ghosts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.