Featured Post

Scrapbookingncraft #14

    I was delighted when Mel asked me to join her Design Team. I have enjoyed using stencils, chipboards and serviettes from  Scrapbookingnc...

Friday 9 October 2020

Day 9 of 31 Days of Halloween

     


Once again Leigh is hosting 31DOH!

For more details go to

Oct 1 - 31, 2020


The Blog Hop  linky party opens Oct 1st at 9am PDT and ends at 5 to midnight on Oct 31st!
  

I will be sharing today's Halloween make on Leigh's page...Day 1
🎃
~~~~~~~

So let's celebrate Halloween!!

It is almost pumpkin time! So this morning I started by painting the cover to one of my journals. This was after seeing a tutorial by Artists Palette Durham Region on Facebook.


Of course we won't have the pumpkins from the UK allotment, like in this photo from 2 years ago, now that we have moved to Australia. We will have to buy!!


On day 7 I shared two pages from my Halloween Junk Journal - and I was wondering about binding them - or whether to put them in a back to back book... This is how I put together my last one, Nan, very simply with a ring!!



I decided to go for the back to back book - so this morning I started making one...

I used some packing cardboard for the covers, washi round the edges then papers from Webster's pages to cover it and make most of the pages.


I started decorating the cover with a few die cuts - but this will be further 
embellished...


The leaf paper is from Stampin Up and I will leave this empty for the time being in case I want to add more pages.


I started adding all the pages I had made already -
 I may also put some of my ATCs in.





I then started making a page for today. This consisted of several stages, drying between each layer.

Step 1

I added water then drips of Distress Ink (spiced marmalade and cracked pistachio) to a painted piece of card (this was part of a Coca-Cola box).


Step 2

I added Crackling Campfire Distress Oxide through a Tim Holtz stencil to the left hand part.


Step 3

The moon was punched from a paper on which I had used a small gel plate to stamp with Distress Ink spritzed with water. (Mustard Seed and Crackling Campfire). I used the same inks to form splatters and used Crackling Campfire around the edge.


Step 4

I stamped the witch (Visible Image) and the bats (Tim Holtz) with black Archival.
I then added a bit of colour to the witch with watercolour pens.


Step 5
 
Into the book...


I will add this page to Leigh's Linky!






I am also very pleased to be participating in the Countdown to Halloween Blog Hop



Happy Hopping!



9 comments:

  1. I love how you did the drips, the background fitted well for the witch too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that witch. Looking forward to seeing how your journal progresses. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those pumpkins on you journal cover Susan and lots of fab pages too!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cover, love that bright moon on your latest page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome cover... love all the pages, the page you created today is one spooky witch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Day 9 of my 31 Days of Halloween...so thrilled to have you joining in the spooktivities again this year with this book that's looking faBOOlous already!
    Happy Haunting & Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your witchy card! Wonderful background and love the moon and the bats. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun book and the witch page is really great! thanks of joining in on the fun at lost coast designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I will start with a ring for mine. Thanks so much, Susan! I love your page for today and you are so smart to be able to make your journal look so neat! I am looking at each photo intently to see if I can tackle this next! :) Wonderful junk journal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.