Featured Post

WOYWW # 773

It is Wednesday so  I am linking  to the  Stamping Ground Follow the link to find out more about  What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday  an...

Tuesday 6 October 2020

Day 6 of 31 Days of Halloween

   

Once again Leigh is hosting 31DOH!

For more details go to

Oct 1 - 31, 2020


The Blog Hop  linky party opens Oct 1st at 9am PDT and ends at 5 to midnight on Oct 31st!
  

I will be sharing today's Halloween make on Leigh's page...Day 1
🎃
~~~~~~~

So let's celebrate Halloween!!

The other day I did a workshop by Eulalia Mejia and made these pieces:


I decided to use the same technique to make a couple of pages for my Halloween Junk Journal...


The technique is to collage some card first with colourful papers (I used origami paper) and then make a second layer with transparent tissue papers.
Next the image is painted around in white - for this one I used a Visible Image stencil.


The spider in this one is using an Oddball Art Stamps image.


I then doodled in white on the image and added a die cut sentiment (using a variety of dies from my stash).
These 4 pieces are all now under my heavy squashing book being flattened!


I will add these to Leigh's Linky!



I am also very pleased to be participating in the Countdown to Halloween Blog Hop




Happy Hopping!



7 comments:

  1. That sounds an interesting technique and the results look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing works of art... love the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous pieces Susan for you Halloween journal!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Day 6 of my 31 Days of Halloween...so thrilled to have you joining in the spooktivities again this year with these interesting makes, so different and funky!
    Happy Haunting & Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you really like this technique and took it to the next level! I'm not even trying to do all the lessons just the ones that grab my attention! 14 is good going! - I've only attempted 5 so far! Thanks for your visit earlier - I spotted you in the FB group, that's how I found you on there! Enjoy the rest of the week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great technique! I love them both! The doodling in white just makes the images jump off the page!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.