Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Sunday 4 October 2020

Day 4 of 31 Days of Halloween

  

Once again Leigh is hosting 31DOH!

For more details go to

Oct 1 - 31, 2020


The Blog Hop  linky party opens Oct 1st at 9am PDT and ends at 5 to midnight on Oct 31st!
  

I will be sharing today's Halloween make on Leigh's page...Day 1
πŸŽƒ
~~~~~~~

So let's celebrate Halloween!!

I have so many ideas running through my head and so many projects half thought of, half started...

But today I am sharing a small journal page - this is A5.



I started with a paper cut out of a bird and added it to the page towards the to and slightly to the right. I added grey acrylic paint around it, then orange. I used the ghosting technique (and a Tracy Scott stencil) to remove some of the orange with a baby wipe.

I masked the surrounding area and overstamped the bird with some real rubber Poe stamps (Smeared Ink, no longer trading). I added some watercolour to the bird.
I then started looking at my spider stamps...


This time I masked the bird and added two Tim Holtz spider webs using black Archival.
I then added the large spider and Tim Holtz spider on a thread.


Finally I added a splatter of white (Dina Wakley gloss spray) and black Posca around the edges.



I will add this journal page to Leigh's Linky!



I am also very pleased to be participating in the Countdown to Halloween Blog Hop




Happy Hopping!



11 comments:

  1. Fab page Susan, love your wooden stamps mixed in with all the images!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS journal page... then add POE to the mix and you have a winner! Love the bird with POE stamped on him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting the way you created your journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page Susan - and how many spider stamps have you got?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am journaling this month too and reading/reviewing.
    This page inspires me today.

    Master Crypt Keeper,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your visit and look forward to seeing some of your journalling! Happy Hopping!

      Delete
  6. Happy Day 4 of my 31 Days of Halloween...so thrilled to have you joining in the spooktivities again this year with this POEtastic page! YAY, glad you got in on being a Cryptkeeper!
    Happy Haunting & Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time for some Poe love! Yay! Fantastic page! I love how you stamped Poe on the bird and all those creepy spiderwebs and spiders! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This journal page is fantastic! I love the background you created and every one of the stamps that you used to perfection. So clever to stamp Poe inside the raven. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page Susan. Love how you stamped Poe on the bird. Very cool. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast for the 31 days of Halloween challenge. I like how you have the bird stamped with Poe inside it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.