Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Saturday 3 October 2020

Day 3 of 31 Days of Halloween

 

Once again Leigh is hosting 31DOH!

For more details go to

Oct 1 - 31, 2020


The Blog Hop  linky party opens Oct 1st at 9am PDT and ends at 5 to midnight on Oct 31st!
  

I will be sharing today's Halloween make on Leigh's page...Day 1
πŸŽƒ
~~~~~~~

So let's celebrate Halloween!!

I have so many ideas running through my head and so many projects half thought of, half started...

But first of all I would like to share something that I blogged yesterday  for the 

I used LeighSB Designs Tangled Maple Leaf, printed in two sizes, coloured with Copics and cut out. Leigh has done a colouring video for this here.


Anyway one of my Halloween ideas was to make a junk journal, making pages out of lots of recycled card.


This picture shows a selection of my card pieces, some painted and the top one almost finished. I am not sure yet how I will bind these or what will be on the front cover. This first completed page started with a piece of kraft distressed around the edges with scattered twigs. To this I added a piece of black card embossed with tree trunks - one of my favourite embossing folders that I can't just put my hand on at the moment.


To this I added Tom Holtz' Branch Tree - diecut from a piece of card that I had added paint to at random. I added 'leaves' by hole punching some more of the card and using the circles. My idea was an autumnal tree but I decided to use random colours!


I then die cut the owl and the moon (again Tim Holtz dies) in some foiled card.


I will add this journal page to Leigh's Linky!


Happy Hopping!




6 comments:

  1. Awesome Fall card Susan, love it! Spooktacular card love the tree and owl!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Day 3 of my 31 Days of Halloween...so thrilled to have you joining in the spooktivities again this year with these faBOOlous makes! Love what you did with my Tangled Maple Leaf!

    Happy Haunting & Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic page for your journal! AWESOME tree! Love the idea of using paper you already have started! I need to use more of the scrap stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colorful tree and love those colorful dots too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do hope you will do a tutorial on how to bind the cardboard pieces for the junk journal! I have saved cereal and packing cardboard for ages but won't start a journal cause I don't know how to bind it! Your tree looks awesome with its many colored leaves and the owl and moon look fantastic with the foil papers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.