Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Saturday 22 August 2020

Art Journal Challenge Day 3

  If you have been following my blog you will have seen that recently I have been doing lots of mixed media.

This week I joined the Art Journal Challenge on Facebook - Create your First Art Journal in only 5 days. Well it's not my first Art Journal but it is certainly the first one that I have made like this in 5 days.
I have spent a lot of time in my craft room!

At the end of Day 3 I had the following completed - two of which I showed you in the previous post.


Although the brief was to make one of each page I have tended to make a second to try something different or to expand on the inspiration...

In these pages the boards (upcycled from packaging) were gesso'd then painted.


I then added collaged images
 from Extraordinary Things to Cut Out and Collage by Maria Rivans.
 The circles are stamped bottle caps in paint and the edges were distressed with black soot.


This sentiment is an old rubber stamp from Smeared Ink I believe.


The next two pages used corrugated cardboard, also from packaging, with added gesso and paint and gathered twigs distress ink. I then added a motif, twine and embellishments.


The first one has one of the Mayan stamps from Lost Coast.


The second one has the mason jar stamp and butterfly - another old rubber stamp from Smeared Ink I think.


I love this one!


More in the next post...

Happy Crafting!



4 comments:

  1. Love that you made this on corrugated cardboard which makes such an interesting background. Great stamp set also. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More great pages, I am wondering how this journal comes together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous pages. Love both of these pairs. The colours on the corrugated card are lovely and it's great to see the Mayan stamps in use. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.