Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 23 August 2020

Leigh SB's Stay Crafty at Home Blog Hop (Aug 7 through Sept 25) #18


Stay Crafty @ Home Blog Hop 2020
hosted by
LeighSBDesigns Art Stamps


Join our 2 month "Anything Goes" hop & stay inspired, creative & safe while crafting to your hearts content @ home!
See 
HOP POST for details and rules!
Play fair and have lots of fun!
Stay Inspired & Stay Safe!

Moving on from the grunge and 'scattered twigs',
 I am now following the videos in
Altenew's course Stunningly Styled Stencils.

The first video shows the technique to use dry embossing with a stencil and, in my case, a Big Shot. Unfortunately I do not have the Altenew stencils, inks and stamps used in the class so I have had to substitute...

I decided to make two examples to see how they came out...basing my makes on ideas from the video. I applied Distress Oxide ink through two stencils using the colours shown picked raspberry, seedless preserves and wilted violet. I am not sure where the leaf stencil came from but the other one is Heffy Doodle.
I then ran the card and stencil (attached with washi tape) through the Big Shot. Here the difficulty is making the correct 'sandwich' to get a good impression. 


You can see the back of the cards showing the impressions.


The next thing I did was heat emboss several stamps with white embossing powder and then paint the images with the same inks. I then cut the pieces out.
These stamps came from

 Stampendous Rose Friend PCS - a stamp set that I won as a prize from Leigh!

and the dragonfly from AALL & CREATE #45


Next I added these scrolls in gold embossing to the opposite corners of the backgrounds.
This stamp is from Joy Clair Bandana Bits.
In the video Jenny used a large scroll embossing it on a separate piece of card before die cutting it and attaching it to her card.

I added some wilted violet to the edges.


I then arranged these items on my November calendar card.


I also made a card in a similar fashion adding my pieces to a white card blank.


The sentiment is from Altenew Dancing in the rain which I stamped in wilted violet.





I will add the card  to Leigh's Linky.

and also to NBUS #17 as this was a new technique and most of the stamps were unused!!


Happy Crafting!


 

7 comments:

  1. I love the beautiful colours you used Susan!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Susan
    Thank you. Blessings to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so creative, Susan and I love the vibrant colours you used. I'll be looking at my stencils with new eyes now! I hope you are all settled in your new home now.
    Take care,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colours, love your November calendar and your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful colourful makes, so pretty!
    So happy to have you playing in my Stay Crafty @ Home blog hop!
    Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great use of the stencils.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Little Red Wagon this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really stunning! I love the technique and would have never thought to do it! You used three of my favorite colors, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.