Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Friday 21 August 2020

Continuing the Art Journal Challenge - Day 2

 If you have been following my blog you will have seen that recently I have been doing lots of mixed media.

This week I joined the Art Journal Challenge on Facebook - Create your First Art Journal in only 5 days. Well it's not my first Art Journal but it is certainly the first one that I have made like this in 5 days.
I have spent a lot of time in my craft room!

In the previous post I showed my first completed makes - you see one of them on the right of this picture.
The other two pages are the beginnings of two more pages and was how we finished Day 2.


This is how the middle page turned out - it started with a piece of Designer Paper covered totally with washi tape. 
The edges were distressed with black soot and I then added the strip of patterned paper (from my stash), the lady (from Extraordinary Things to Cut Out and Collage by Maria Rivans) and the sentiment (Dylusions)


The second page involved torn script, a diecut and distress all on a black card 5 by 7 inches.


To this I added the Visible Image stamp and sentiment, stamped in Archival ink.  
The insect was then painted with distress - I used gathered twigs and broken china. Finally I used the broken china to stamp the raindrops (Designs by Ryn).



Happy Crafting!



3 comments:

  1. Lovely card and sentiment. Wonderful color palette. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moth is very striking against the black. Gorgeous page. Thanks for joining in on the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.