Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Monday 31 August 2020

Leigh SB's Stay Crafty at Home Blog Hop (Aug 7 through Sept 25) #26

 


Stay Crafty @ Home Blog Hop 2020
hosted by
LeighSBDesigns Art Stamps


Join our 2 month "Anything Goes" hop & stay inspired, creative & safe while crafting to your hearts content @ home!
See 
HOP POST for details and rules!
Play fair and have lots of fun!
Stay Inspired & Stay Safe!

Over halfway...it is keeping me going, making sure I have a different project each day.
 It is getting extremely tedious having now had 4 weeks of Stage 4 restrictions.
 We are virtually tied to the house, cannot see anyone - and of course we had the extra sadness of my Dad's funeral this week. All of us in Australia watched it, in our separate houses, online...

So what's been keeping me busy today - I signed up for another workshop with

This was the result:


Not totally happy with it but it was fun playing...
The first task was to transfer some an alcohol ink to the middle of the pages.

I love playing with alcohol ink - this was with just one colour (aubergine) - this picture shows the start.



It was then transferred using alcohol lift refill and a brayer on the background, and then pressed down onto my journal. I was not really happy with the results and will try this technique again - watch this space!

The next task was to use paint through stencils - I used Tracy Scott's PS201 and a Stamposaurus one.
The stamp (Tacy Scott ETS17) was stamped in Archival on tissue paper, with paint on the back and crayons on the front. This was then glued in place with more shading added when dried, including black pencil around the edges. She became a bit textured...


Next was doodling with a white Posca pen. I added black soot distress around the edges too.
I really liked the flowers - paint daubed onto card and then stamped with Archival with more stamps from the set. Probably because I liked them I may have gone a little over the top with numbers...


Once they were in place, and after more doodling, I added Glossy Accents to them.


My second attempt at transferring the alcohol ink background was equally disappointing...


However I continued to play and made a second pair of journal pages. Similar techniques... stencils and paint using Tracy Scott's stencil again and that leaf one which is unnamed. Then more Posca pen doodling.


That picture is a photo of me... I was speaking at a function some years ago in Abu Dhabi.


I added a die cut (Tonic) sentiment - and because the beautiful stamp in the first one was wonky I used a  t-square to position it. (My husband bought me this yesterday - he needed one and he bought me one too...)


I then added pineapples - stamped on painted card again and die cut (Stamps and dies were a magazine freebie at some stage). Once in position, I added the glossy accents again.


I will add the first journal pages  to Leigh's Linky

Happy Crafting!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, both are so pretty, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no Susan, I'm so very sorry to hear of the loss of your Dad and that the stressful state of our situation made it so much worse for you and your family! My deepest condolences! I'm glad though that my hops are keeping you busy and today's journal pages are wonderful!

    So happy to have you playing in my Stay Crafty @ Home blog hop!
    Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sooo sad to hear of your beloved dad Susan, I saw all your fabulous photos of him on FB! Your journal pages look fabulous, love the flowers!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you suffer this loss and the stress of having to cope during these terrible times. Your journal pages are great! I have ordered some more alcohol inks to play with and will give this a try! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.