Featured Post

WOYWW # 773

It is Wednesday so  I am linking  to the  Stamping Ground Follow the link to find out more about  What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday  an...

Saturday 22 August 2020

Leigh SB's Stay Crafty at Home Blog Hop (Aug 7 through Sept 25) #17


Stay Crafty @ Home Blog Hop 2020
hosted by
LeighSBDesigns Art Stamps


Join our 2 month "Anything Goes" hop & stay inspired, creative & safe while crafting to your hearts content @ home!
See 
HOP POST for details and rules!
Play fair and have lots of fun!
Stay Inspired & Stay Safe!

If you have been following my blog you will have seen that recently I have been doing lots of mixed media.
This week I joined the Art Journal Challenge on Facebook - Create your First Art Journal in only 5 days. Well it's not my first Art Journal but it is certainly the first one that I have made like this in 5 days.
I have spent a lot of time in my craft room!

This was the state of play at the end of Day 4 - I got as far as this with these two pages:


These were pages of upcycled brown paper bag, that had had a thick layer of gesso added to them and then a stencil placed in this to give some texture. After drying small blobs of paint were added here and there and them 'dabbed about' with a baby wipe. Again the pages were left to dry and then the drippy edges were die cut.
Black Soot Distress was added around the edges - then the piece were added to black card and left for the next day.

Two pages that I completed were these - these started as pages with texture paste through stencils. I then added layers of Distress Ink and random stampings. 


The old photos were distressed around the edges both to look torn and with distress ink.
Finally I added the sentiments - the one on the right is Dylusions, not sure about the one on the left.


I will add these to Leigh's Linky.



Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

  1. This is a very interesting art journal, how do you find all your sentiments?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These sentiments are just stamps in my stash...

      Delete
  2. Your art journal is looking good!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy seeing the stages you work through! I love the drippy die cut edge against the black background paper! The old photos you chose look right at home on those fabulous pages!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome play time going on here! Love it all!
    So happy to have you playing in my Stay Crafty @ Home blog hop!
    Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.