Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 16 August 2020

Leigh SB's Stay Crafty at Home Blog Hop (Aug 7 through Sept 25) #11



Stay Crafty @ Home Blog Hop 2020
hosted by
LeighSBDesigns Art Stamps


Join our 2 month "Anything Goes" hop & stay inspired, creative & safe while crafting to your hearts content @ home!
See 
HOP POST for details and rules!
Play fair and have lots of fun!
Stay Inspired & Stay Safe!

Again I have been taking part in an online journal workshop with Sharon Everett
at The Forget Me Not Kraft Kabin


I really enjoyed this one - this is how it developed in my A5 journal...first I glued a strip of tissue across the centre of the double page.



While this was drying I started adding Distress Oxide (you can see black soot and picked raspberry here) to a piece of water colour paper.



I then started adding these and peacock feathers to my journal pages, adding each colour in turn with lots of spritzing and drying in between.



Next I added embossing paste through some stencils (Tim Holtz and The Crafters Workshop - Rebekah Meier) . 



The paste is Shimmery White from Stampin up - see it sparkle!



Next I used gold embossing powder to emboss those circles.



I also added gold embossing across torn strips of my piece of watercolour paper from the beginning, using an embossing pen, before adding the powder and heat setting it.
I added black soot to the torn edges of these before sticking them in place.


Finally I added die cuts - create (Tim Holtz) from black card and some hearts from the same background as the torn strips.
I used a black pencil to emphasise the hearts.


Great fun!

I will add this to Leigh's Linky.


Happy Crafting!



4 comments:

  1. That looks like you had fun, great pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oodles of crafty fun play time going on here! Love the colours!
    So happy to have you playing in my Stay Crafty @ Home blog hop!
    Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun here! I love all the textures you used!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much shimmery goodness! The colors are great and I love the gold embossing across the middle! It reminds me of the lines from an EKG test for the heart! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.