Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Thursday 27 August 2020

Leigh SB's Stay Crafty at Home Blog Hop (Aug 7 through Sept 25) #22

 


Stay Crafty @ Home Blog Hop 2020
hosted by
LeighSBDesigns Art Stamps


Join our 2 month "Anything Goes" hop & stay inspired, creative & safe while crafting to your hearts content @ home!
See 
HOP POST for details and rules!
Play fair and have lots of fun!
Stay Inspired & Stay Safe!

Back to Day 5 of the Altenew Stunningly Styled Stencils course - this card used the technique of combining stencil printing with dry embossing.
Once again I didn't have the Altenew stencil as mentioned in to video so I used this one which I believe is a Stamposaurus.


Once I had prepared the background, I trimmed it to form the bottom area on this card.
I was following the sketch from Tuesday Morning Sketches #569 to which I will link this card.
( I was delighted to be picked as a favourite there last week!)



I added the ribbon (from my stash) and the flamingos, with a yellow section behind, all on a white card blank.
The legs are instead of a bow!!
The flamingo die is a Couture Creations mini die. My daughter bought it some while ago - and it has been on my desk ever since - hence I am adding this to NBUS challenge #17
I had to search for some tiny snippets of pink card in my scraps - so I will also link this to Pixie's Snippets Challenge #385

I then wanted to add a sentiment - again I wasn't sure which one I wanted to use:



I decided to go with 'Just For You' on the yellow area. I liked the way the pink followed through...




I will add the card  to Leigh's Linky


Happy Crafting!


10 comments:

  1. Fab use of the stencil! Love the flamingos!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the colors on your card, Susan. The flamingos are cute and I agree with you choice of sentiments. Perfect. Thanks for playing at Tuesday Morning Sketches. Love your creativity.
    Debi TMS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card in lovely colours.
    Hugs, Sarn
    Stamping For Pleasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Susan - love the colours and your sentiment die is on my list, if only I knew the name and manufacturer! Sigh.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Di!
      Both sentiments are from the Tonic ATC collection dies sets. Use them all the time! Sorry if I didn't mention the name...
      stay safe and keep well

      Sue xx

      Delete
  5. What a super clever card! Absolutely lovely. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flamingo card, love all the techniques and colours!
    So happy to have you playing in my Stay Crafty @ Home blog hop!
    Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flamingos looking in the pink! What a delightful sight! I really like this look using the stencil! Neat!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.