Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Sunday 9 August 2020

Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes Challenge - Aug 9 to Aug 22

 This is my make for the DT team of 

Sunday - Songs and Rhymes

The  challenge for this month  is to take inspiration from this poem:
The Duel
(The Gingham Dog and The Calico Cat)
The gingham dog and the calico cat
Side by side on the table sat;
'T was half-past twelve, and (what do you think!)
Nor one nor t' other had slept a wink!
The old Dutch clock and the Chinese plate
Appeared to know as sure as fate
There was going to be a terrible spat.
(I wasn't there; I simply state
What was told to me by the Chinese plate!)

The gingham dog went "Bow-wow-wow!"
And the calico cat replied "Mee-ow!"
The air was littered, an hour or so,
With bits of gingham and calico,
While the old Dutch clock in the chimney-place
Up with its hands before its face,
For it always dreaded a family row!
(Now mind: I'm only telling you
What the old Dutch clock declares is true!)
 

I just happened to look in my stash and I found these lovely papers from the National Trust in the UK - so basically that is what my card comprises!

I started with a square white card blank and then added a square of red card then the two rectangles from the cat/dog papers. I printed the sentiment (words from the poem) and placed it on red card then dimensional tape.
You will find this on the Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes Challenge
Happy Crafting!


3 comments:

  1. How AWESOME. Such a great card and I love those papers. That's a super poem :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card design and poem. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and I liked the poem too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.