Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #17

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Thursday 20 August 2020

Leigh SB's Stay Crafty at Home Blog Hop (Aug 7 through Sept 25) #15

 


Stay Crafty @ Home Blog Hop 2020
hosted by
LeighSBDesigns Art Stamps


Join our 2 month "Anything Goes" hop & stay inspired, creative & safe while crafting to your hearts content @ home!
See 
HOP POST for details and rules!
Play fair and have lots of fun!
Stay Inspired & Stay Safe!

Another journal page - but this was a little bit different. 
It was part of a Facebook 7 day scavenger hunt challenge, with a group of friends, adding a little bit more each day.




Initially we needed to start with either an A4 or 8 by 8 inch piece of paper.


I started with an 8 by 8 piece of water colour paper
and added Distress Oxide to it.

Day 1 ... A Stamped Image. 
I stamped this image from Tim Holtz on a beige cardstock, cut it out and added it. I tried to stamp directly but there was too much texture in the watercolour paper.


Day 2 ... Lace ribbon or trim. 
I used a ribbon hole punch along the side of the paper and threaded ribbon through it.
At this stage I also stuck my page into my journal as this isn't a swap...

Day 3 ... Buttons 
I added some tiny orange buttons between the threaded ribbon.


Day 4 ... bookprint or newsprint
I added some torn scraps of print and added a wash of watered down Distress Crayon to this.


Day 5 ... Sequins or Gems          Day 6 ... Die Cuts or Toppers
I think you can see the gems on the right hand side. I then added die cuts cut from a Distress Oxide background. These dies had never been used - I won them from Outlawz ages ago. I wll there fore add this make to NBUS Challenge #17.


Day 7 ... Anything Else You Want To Add
I decided to go with a couple of sentiments stamped on the beige cardstock and snipped into pieces. The first one is from Doo Lally Pip.



I used a black pencil to go around the die cuts and words to emphasize them.
The second one is from Visible Image.






I will add this to Leigh's Linky.



Happy Crafting!


5 comments:

  1. Well that was a work in progress :). Did you have to wait each day for the prompt? I like the ribbon punch addition. Brilliant sentiments too x. No idea where I bought the outline stickers, I have had them years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - the prompts were given daily - but I joined late so I saw the first few at once. However I did each one before considering the next so it was a matter of 'keeping on creating even when you have no idea what you will end up with'.

      Delete
  2. Fabulous background you created with the distress inks!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect sentiment to match your process for creating this! I love the houses; they look great with the inks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous fun you had creating this wonderful page!
    So happy to have you playing in my Stay Crafty @ Home blog hop!
    Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.