Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #16

          This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirationa...

Tuesday 25 August 2020

Leigh SB's Stay Crafty at Home Blog Hop (Aug 7 through Sept 25) #20

 

Stay Crafty @ Home Blog Hop 2020
hosted by
LeighSBDesigns Art Stamps


Join our 2 month "Anything Goes" hop & stay inspired, creative & safe while crafting to your hearts content @ home!
See 
HOP POST for details and rules!
Play fair and have lots of fun!
Stay Inspired & Stay Safe!

This is my 20th post out of 50 - so I am not even halfway yet - however I am running one day ahead...

Today is day 5 of the Altenew Stunningly Styled Stencils course that I signed up for, so I could make better and more use of the pile of stencils sitting in my stash.

Today I had a go at the Day 3 and Day 5 techniques.
'Day 3' is currently drying so I will show how they finish up tomorrow but the technique was to spread texture paste through a stencil and then add marker re-inkers or alcohol ink to the wet paste.


Not sure what brand this seed head stencil is but the inks used were Copic re-inkers


I used alcohol inks through the Tim Holtz leaf stencil.



Day 5's technique was Stencil Printing. And I do have one card finished with that and the background used this technique.


I printed the Carta Bella stencil on water colour paper with with Salty Ocean Distress Oxide. This gave a fairly minimal result (I should have added more water) but you can see it in the bottom right hand corner in particular. I then stencilled from the other side with Broken China Distress Oxide.


I added this to a teal card blank with a little more ink around the edges. I finished it off using whales and sentiment from Stampin Up's Whale Done set, and a few gems...

I will add the card  to Leigh's Linky


Happy Crafting!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and effective makes using your stencils Susan! Love the whales card!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous makes, you're sure whipping up a storm of creativity and I love it!
    So happy to have you playing in my Stay Crafty @ Home blog hop!
    Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such crafty goodness on all of these! The vibrant alcohol inks with the paste are delicious! I love the whales and that background!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.