Featured Post

WOYWW # 773

It is Wednesday so  I am linking  to the  Stamping Ground Follow the link to find out more about  What's on Your Work Desk Wednesday  an...

Friday 14 August 2020

Color Dare Challenge #407

 


This is another make for the



Do pop over to the Color Dare Challenge and take a look at my teamies' makes!

This is today's colour scheme:



I used greys plus orange and green...

I recently bought  Simply Cards and Papercraft #204 magazine and this card is based on an idea in there and used some of the freebies that came with it.

I started by making the background using distress oxides, spritzed on my craft mat and soaked up. I stamped one of the freebie images onto this with black Versafine.


I then spread a clear texture medium through the jar stencil and sprinkled it with orange Color Burst powder.



I added this to two layers of grey papers from my stash.
I used the Distress Oxides to paint more colour onto the stamped image.

 
I punched more of the background for the sentiment adding Distress around the edges and using a Happy Little Stampers stamp.






               


With Challenge #407, Color Dare is partnering with Double Trouble Challenge #64
 "Let's Brighten the Day"

Thing 1: Trouble Maker 
says, "You make me happy when skies are grey, so let's make someone happy with a Kindness or Friendship project (i.e. Get Well, Thinking of You, Thank You, etc.). NO Birthday, Holiday or Celebration projects."


Thing 3: Twisted Sister
says, "Let's start with using any shade of grey and then brighten the day with your choice of TWO additional colors... and NO cheating with more than two additional colors. You are free to use black, white, and silver."

So don't forget to enter your card in both Color Dare and Double Trouble - you will find my card there...



I will also add this to  Leigh SB's Stay Crafty @ Home Blog Hop 2020


Stay Crafty @ Home Blog Hop 2020
hosted by
LeighSBDesigns Art Stamps


Join our 2 month "Anything Goes" hop & stay inspired, creative & safe while crafting to your hearts content @ home!
See 
HOP POST for details and rules!
Play fair and have lots of fun!
Stay Inspired & Stay Safe!

Here is Leigh's linky

Happy Crafting!



14 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the details as to the creation of your card, Susan. The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning background! Love the use of it in this creation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the tutorial! The jar is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Susan!
    So happy to have you playing in my Stay Crafty @ Home blog hop!
    Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a great technique card! I love the look! Thanks for all the info.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous technique, you do so many different things x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool - thanks for showing and explaining the techniques you used. Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love your background and how you created your jar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful watercolour card!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is beautiful, love the background and that bottle is gorgeous, love your technique. Don't forget to enter in your card at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Susan, very pretty card and colors. The distress oxide background is gorgeous, I love that technique. I have never tried the texture paste with the powders, but that turned out gorgeous too. Perhaps I will try it since I have 12 bottles of the powder just collecting dust. Thank you for sharing with us at Double Trouble!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to use Brushos/Color Burst powders but usually I just spritz with water. This was the first time I had tried with the texture paste.

      Delete
  12. This card is fabulous! I love the color burst on the vase!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.