Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #18

              This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspirat...

Sunday 23 August 2020

Art Journal Challenge Day 5

  If you have been following my blog you will have seen that recently I have been doing lots of mixed media.

This week I joined the Art Journal Challenge on Facebook - Create your First Art Journal in only 5 days. Well it's not my first Art Journal but it is certainly the first one that I have made like this in 5 days.
I have spent a lot of time in my craft room!

I thought I would just round up the end of the week...

So at the end of Day 5 I had added the following to my collection:


Because I tended to make a second of several pages I ended up with 16 pages rather than 10.
One of the two following was destined for the cover:


I mentioned yesterday that these started as brown paper bags with a thick layer of gesso then a stencil dipped in to make a texture, followed by paint.
To the first one, I stencilled this Tando stencil with blue sapphire distress ink.
I then just added some green die cuts. 


To the second one I added the elephant die cut (Tim Holtz die). The Sentiment is embossed with archival ink and clear embossing powder - the stamp is from Doo Lally Pip.
Finally I added the ribbon and three elephant embellishments.
I decided this is my preferred page for my cover.
In fact I may repeat this background for my October diary page...which has to have a Halloween theme!



The second two pages to be finished were these:


Firstly, black card run through the Big Shot in embossing folders - the Bubble Explosion is Leonie Pujol, the Henna is by Sheena Douglass.
Then using the paint backgrounds made the day before, I just added the narrow strips and the die cut flowers and leaves. The leaf dies are Craft Box. The Sweet Pea Stem is from Poppy Stamps. I ordered this to make a card to go on my Dad's funeral flowers on Thursday but unfortunately it didn't arrive in time. He was a champion Sweet Pea grower...


Finally, the above card was made from scratch on Day 5. 
A Distress Ink background followed by more Distress Ink through stencils - I think the brick wall came from Paper Lane in Dubai, the confetti is a Clarity stencil - using salty ocean, scattered straw and evergreen bough.
I then stamped the bottom tree image in chipped sapphire Distress Ink and then the corner image and top tree image in black Archival.
The corner stamp is from Crafters Companion Splats and Stains. The trees and sentiment are from Visible Image and the butterfly is from the Collage book I have mentioned before (Extraordinary Things to Cut Out and Collage, Maria Rivans)
Lastly I added the metal embellishment on the butterfly and added distress to the edges, chipped sapphire and Archival.





So that was all my pages made (and more). Next I added patterned paper on the backs - Kaisercraft Mix and Match - punched a hole on one corner and threaded them together with a metal loop.





Happy Crafting!



3 comments:

  1. I wondered how your journal pages would come together :). Great pages and final card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the background you created and that you turned your stamped trees on the side. Perfect butterfly and sentiment. Thanks for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love how you have the trees up the side and fab colours. So many lovely pages. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.