Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Friday 16 April 2021

Blog Along with Effy - Post Sixteen

 

This amazing photo is of the roots of a fallen, huge, Gum - from the Blue Lotus  Garden yesterday - definitely inspiration for some crafty project!


If you have been reading some of my April posts you will know that when I saw
Effy's Blog Along, I thought I would share some 'diary' posts, along with some of the crafty things that I have been doing.

Yesterday I mentioned that I love seeing pelicans - this is my Facebook Cover Photo - a picture I took maybe 3 years ago over on the other side of Mornington Peninsular.


Francine commented about the pelican poem by Dixon Lanier Merriot. This was one of my Dad's favourites - I made a never-ending card illustrating it last year:



Crafting has really kept me going during the last year. These pelicans were cut with my Cricut Maker - a present for my last Birthday, just in time for the first lockdown. My first thought was that this was pretty good as it meant I had plenty of time to really find out how it worked and learn all its features. (Lockdown did wear off somewhat later on...)

I started linking to What's On Your Work desk Wednesday - one way of remembering which day it was! When our shipping arrived, I was prompted by WOYWW to get some of those UFOs out and get them finished - like a hand sewn quilt I started when we were living in India.



I attended a couple of Virtual Retreats with Hillbilly Scrappin and started doing any free workshops I saw online and quite a few paid ones!

Keeping in touch with my crafty friends in the UK has been great - exchanging many cards, and taking part in the fortnightly Zoom 'craft and chats'. This morning was one - not so easy to get up in time now that the hours have changed! We have started having little workshops at these which is fun as we are doing something different each time.

The post has been pretty erratic, but I know that things get through eventually. In fact I can only praise the Royal Mail this week as my daughter and I both received cards from my Aunt - who had inadvertently forgotten to put stamps on!

I have also done lots of 'my own thing'. So during the last twelve months I have painted and poured, doodled and drawn, marbled and modelled, stitched and sewn... What have you been doing in lockdown?

Finally another journal spread - this one inspired by Niamh Baly:





Happy Crafting!




6 comments:

  1. Love reading your posts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, I love seeing tree roots displayed rather than chopped up - they are so beautiful - Nature's art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing all your crafty crafts. Those pelicans are magnificent! I love them too. I did a lot of zooming during the lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool picture for sure! I love your art spread.

    And I get all over the place, I feel that way alot these days

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colors! Thanks for sharing "all over the place" seems to be MY theme this week lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve never seen a pelican! That tree is so amazing. We never really get to see tree roots! Really enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.