Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Tuesday 13 April 2021

Blog Along with Effy - Post Twelve

 

If you have been reading some of my posts you will know that when I saw Effy's Blog Along I thought I would share some 'diary' posts, along with some of the journal pages I have been pleased with.  I am enjoying taking a trip down Memory Lane!


But this post is a continuation of Post 11 where I mentioned I was enjoying a Wanderlust workshop with Kate Crane.


I followed this lesson quite closely, although I was reminded of a page I did myself in December.


The first stage was to prepare the backgrounds - the right hand side includes Gelli printing, the left hand side brayering. Then lots of stencilling, stamping and mark making.


Then painting on the tree with ink...


Next my 'window' silhouettes - I cut these with my Cricut, to Kate's pattern, and added stitching. I also cut the butterflies (from acetate and Mylar) using my Cricut.







Finally I added the Thoreau quote.



Happy Crafting!


6 comments:

  1. Wow, your geli plate images turned out great.
    LOL, way better than mine. Love your pages.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what gorgeous spreads! It makes me yearn for the moments I can find time to play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They turned out so well, you've made me realise I could have die cut 🦋 myself. Hmm I need to think outside the box more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh it looks so pretty with the white butterflies and I love your tree too. I'm also doing Wanderlust this year but all I've managed to do with this one so far is watch the video lol https://empireofthecat.com/blog/2021/04/13/company-of-liars-atc-book-cover-the100dayproject-2021-book-quotes-on-atcs/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome - beautiful work in your sketchbook!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your gorgeous spreads!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.