Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Thursday 8 April 2021

Serendipity


thanks to Angela's post!

An image is supplied to use in your project and April's is just fabulous -

 so I had to produce a journal page!



Recipe:

1. I had an empty page next to the Poe page that I did some time last year - I decided this was a good spot! So first of all I used a green paint straight to my page (this was rustic wilderness Distress Paint and took rather a long time to dry as somehow the lid came off and rather a lot of paint settled on my page...)


2. Next I added a layer of orange paint -  rusty hinge Distress Paint. I then used a baby wipe through a stencil (Kaisercraft Grunge) to remove some of the orange. 


3. I printed the image - I tried first on tracing paper and loved the effect - but then had difficulty sticking it down. So I printed it again on a white cardstock to find my printer was running out of ink. However I carried on with the toned down image, ripping it to size. I added a green Distress Ink around the edges of the image and the page.

4. I then used the green paint and stencil again, to sponge onto the image. I rather liked the fact that 'about waiting' appeared in the script.


5. Finally I added the Tim Holtz word strips- words that seemed to fit... And then some splatter.


Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo - cosmic pages !! I really love these. :-)
    I found and entered this Challenge last month. It was great to find something a bit "darker" :-D :-D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your page. I found it from Angela too. I have printed the image and going to give it a try, just waiting for the gesso to dry in my journal, I have black gesso for the first time, I currently have it "everywhere" desk, paper, hands, jeans... ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.