Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Monday 26 April 2021

Blog Along with Effy - Post Twenty Five


If you have been reading some of my April posts you will know that when I saw
Effy's Blog Along I thought I would share some 'diary' posts, along with some of the crafty things I have been doing.

Wandering around the charity shops on Saturday I came across this photo frame for a couple of dollars. It already had the black silhouette of the tree printed on it and I wondered what I could do with it. It was quite difficult to photograph because of the reflections - but this is what I did.


I painted more of a the tree in black watercolour. I then added die cut 'Autumnal leaves'. The die is actually Rose leaves from Kaisercraft. I used a collage paper I had made using paint, stencilling and stamping on greaseproof paper. I had some left after doing the leaves for this Tracy Scott workshop I did in January.


I am now on week 17 of Wanderlust and a workshop by Kasia Avery. The theme is 'recycled' - and to use an old magazine. I don't buy magazines - well maybe the odd crafty one. So, looking round my craft room,  I came across a supermarket freebie. A magazine mainly advertising health and beauty stuff. I started off on the first stage cutting layers from the magazine and sticking them down. This went quite well until I added a layer of clear medium which showed up every crinkle. It had looked pretty smooth beforehand...ah well onto the next stage!


 
I will show you more later!!

All for now - see you soon! 

Happy Crafting!



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you did with the frame. It looks beautiful! I really have to get back to Wanderlust. I've only done 2 or 3 of the lessons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your art is so beautiful, I'm excited to see what comes of the last one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.