Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Friday 30 April 2021

Blog Along with Effy - Post Thirty

 

This was April 29th 2009, in our apartment in Abu Dhabi.


If you have been reading some of my April posts you will know that when I saw
Effy's Blog Along, I thought I would share some 'diary' posts, along with some of the crafty things that I have been doing. I have enjoyed the trips down memory lane!

This is my 30th Post on April 30th - if you are interested in my 'starting points' for each of the days of April, I have listed them below.

I am sure another April would have produced a totally different set of ideas. Because of lockdowns and restrictions, my Facebook page has rarely had something new on it. It has usually been memories!

A case in point - yesterday threw up scenes of our yoga class in Abu Dhabi , 12 years ago.  


At the time we were living in a large 'Arabic' style apartment with a huge living area. If we put back the furniture there was space for lots of yoga mats. I think the record was 17. My friend Deepika used to come and give the lessons. 


After one session, she decided to write a limerick about me:
A playful lady named Sue
Yoga she decided to do.
Postures and poses
Are no bed of roses
But crocodile is perfect for you.



I countered with: 

That famous young model named Deepika
Taught we ladies 'the exalted warrior'
With elegance we stretched...
No...don't hold your breath...
But still the crocodile is the favourite posture...


Not to be outdone Noreen added:

If in the future
Yoga you want to choose,
Join Deepika's workout
She holds it at Sue's.
The 'Sue' mini croc series,
Will set your body in full sway
You can depend on Deepika
To show you the way-
To make your joints stronger
To tuck in your tum
To do daring stretches
To learn mantras and hum
And then you will find
When you've finished the course
There's new shape to your body -
In your mind - a peace source.

We did have fun! And certainly it really helped my knees!

Funnily enough when we lived in India I never did any yoga. The next time my yoga mat came out of retirement was when we were back living in England. I joined a group that my sister in law went to. This was in the school that my Dad used to go to in Belper. It had been turned into an Adult Education Centre. I often wondered if he would remember it if he went back, whether he would be able to tell us what it had been like. He attended this school when he was evacuated from Derby in the war. His memories of those days faded as his Alzheimers became worse. At one time he would always be telling us of his days as a Radar Mechanic in the Navy. It is such a dreadful disease.

The things he could remember were the words to songs - another memory that popped up on Facebook this week. A video of Mum and Dad singing. They would sing every morning...

Changing the subject... I got up very early this morning to join in a Craft and Chat Zoom with my friends in the UK Stampers Network. Now that we are 9 hours different I find it hard to wake up early enough for the start but at least I can catch up a little! Today Mickey led a little workshop to make a window pop up card. I quite liked this and ended up making two! My first is blogged here

Then later I went and had lunch with the friends I mentioned yesterday. Lots of chat and lovely food! All in all a pretty good day!





Happy Crafting!


Day One - Copper Wire
Day Two - Family
Day Three - Birthday
Day Four - Spring Flowers
Day Five - Pets
Day Six - WOYWW
Day Seven - Pets again
Day Nine - Spirit Trees
Day Eleven - Grow Your Own
Day Twelve - Wanderlust Week 15
Day Thirteen - WOYWW 
Day Fourteen - Giant Lilies.
Day Fifteen - Doodles
Day Seventeen - My brother
Day Eighteen - Bat Appreciation Day
Day Nineteen - Colour and China
Day Twenty One - WOYWW 620
Day Twenty Two - Reading
Day Twenty Three - Theatre
Day Twenty Four - Breakfast
Day Twenty Five - Trees
Day Twenty Six - Boats
Day Twenty Seven - Craft Space
Day Twenty Eight - WOYWW 621
Day Twenty Nine - Clever Dexter










2 comments:

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.