Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Sunday 18 April 2021

Blog Along with Effy - Post Eighteen / International Bat Appreciation Day Hop

   


If you have been reading some of my April posts you will know that when I saw
Effy's Blog Along, I thought I would share some 'diary' posts, along with some of the crafty things that I have been doing.

When we first moved to Australia in June of 1998, the kids were 17, 15, 13 and 11. It took us quite a while to find a house to live in and schools for them to attend. So I had the job of keeping them entertained for a couple of months. Not easy when Tom, especially, at 17, had not been on outings with his Mum for years. Anyway, one day I suggested a trip to the Melbourne Botanic Gardens, just walking distance from where we were staying. Tom would have much rather continue playing on the X-box, but complied eventually, with an ill grace.

However, even he was pleased he had come, when we saw the colony of fruit bats!


I was just looking at my hair in that photo - I have had my hair short for years - but at that stage for some reason I had let it grow out. It is equally untidy now but that is with only having 3 visits to the hairdressers in 15 months. The salons are open again and I did try to make an appointment the other day but there was a queue... what should I do?


I mentioned in one of my posts that during these lockdowns, crafting has really kept me going. And related to that has been entering challenges. 

LeighSB Designs has had almost continual hops, inspiring us to make something new every day! When I saw the International Bat Appreciation Day Mini Hop on Leigh's blog I knew I had to join in! On each day in each of these hops I have tried to share something new - and something that I have made in the past.


Now it you think of a bat box, you might think of this:


But this is mine:

On Friday morning I joined another 'Craft and Chat' Zoom meeting (with UK Stampers Network) and Jo demonstrated how to make this ATC box.


I decorated the sides with ATC sized cards layered with sections of one of my Gelli pulls and put a bat on the top! Because inside I am putting some bat ATCs...



This is the first - basically a rectangle of pink card layered with a background from
To this I added twin Betsi Batleigh 's, coloured with Markers and cut out.



Definitely "Too cute to spook"! The last time I used this image was in September of 2020 when I made a set of three ATCs.


That time the backgrounds were ATC sized pieces of Yupo card decorated with alcohol inks. To make the stripes I used my heart shaped blending tool with dots of alcohol put in a line across it. This was then just swiped across the card.


I will add today's makes to Leigh's Linky


That's it for now...more tomorrow...



Happy Crafting!



13 comments:

  1. How super cool are those! My hubby would love that Batman style box. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the adorable bats! What a fun post this is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fun, I love bats. I remember going to the gardens when I visited Australia in 2012. We also went to Sydney's gardens and saw the flying foxes. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bat motifs.. as a totem they represent letting go of fear which is a great energy for this year. Relate to the dragging kids away from xbox with an "ill grace!" 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cute!!! Love twin Betsi Batleigh 's!!!! What an awesome bat box!!! Whatever you do about your hair.... DO NOT try and cut it yourself. You may end up with REALLY short hair.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love fruit bats! Your bat box is so cute, love it. Elle xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. We have bats in the garden. They’re usually seen when it’s warmer though! Really cute bats you’ve made too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great story! I love your bat box and those stamps are super cute

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love bats and your artwork is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those bats are ADORABLE. <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous bat box Susan, love Betsi on your ATCs fab background!

    Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely BATacular...love your makes using my Batleighs and that ATC box is perfect for them! Thanks for using LeighSBDesigns digis and joining in on the mini BAT Hop! See you soon for the Spring 2021 Chapter 2 release and my annual Mermay & Half-o-ween hop in May!
    Leigh
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOWZER! Love, love your bat box! The gelli plate prints are awesome and a lovely home for dear Betsi! Always a treat to see your now and then projects! I think you look awesome with longer hair but if you are like me I cannot stand my hair to get on my neck when it is hot which is most of the time here! :) Either way you look great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.