Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Saturday 3 April 2021

Blog Along with Effy - Post Two

 

My blog usually features the cards and ATCs that I make for various design teams and challenges.  I am however becoming more and more interested in mixed media and playing with paint. My journals have changed from almost 'scrapbooking' to being much more arty. When I saw Effy's Blog Along I thought I would make some 'diary' posts along with some of the journal pages I have been pleased with.

So to some writing...

Yesterday evening, we went out to have drinks in the garden of one of my son Tom's friends.

This was the first time we had been out in the evening, and met up with non-family members since we moved to Australia over a year ago. It was very pleasant!

Anyway I ended up recounting the story of when Tom was small he would only eat cheese and fish fingers. So one particular Christmas dinner was fish fingers...

My Mum and Dad (and Aunts and Uncles) always regaled us with many stories of 'the olden days'. I always asked Mum to write all this down - and bought her many journals. But they remained empty and it ended up being too late. Now my sister and I are trying to remember some of the stories and put names to the faces in many old photos. My sister and brother have had the onerous task of clearing our parents' house...

To us, family is so important. Hence the journal page at the top of this page features my grandmother  (inspired by Wanderlust 2021).

I love this photo of my Grandma - she looked so elegant, in the 20s(?) I have a copy in a frame in my bedroom.


Recently I posted a photo of Grandma and Grandad, with the Christmas turkey one year, on our family Whatsapp group.


You cannot imagine how many memories this brought up of happy times in 'the yard' where they lived - of Christmas dinner with maybe 22 of us, sitting at the table on planks wedged up with bricks wrapped in Christmas paper. The weak port and lemons for the little girls, The sing songs at the piano...
This became a story on tags in my large album.




This page involved lots of fun with my Gelli plate...including transferring paint through a stencil onto fabric.

I am going to have to finish there - Easter holiday visitor!

More tomorrow...


Happy Crafting!





6 comments:

  1. Love journaling with photos of elders and ancestors.. thanks for the inspiration to do it again. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage photos and memory journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your use of color. So soft and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of you grandma is amazing. You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to do a lot of scrapbooking, but not anymore. I've been intrigued by the process of adding vintage photos to journal pages. I have several copies of some photos and have thought about using one or two in this manner as an experiment.
    I wish I still had my grandma around to answer questions about who is who in the photos I have. And for her stories. Many of which I wish I had written down or recorded as I struggle to remember them.
    I love the photo of your grandma, it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful journal and love the memories idea, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.