Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Monday 26 April 2021

Gecko Galz Monthly Christmas Challenge

 I recently came across the  Gecko Galz Monthly Christmas Challenge

An image is supplied to use in your project and so I thought I would have a go!



Recipe:

1. White square card blank. I layered front and inside with pages from Craft box 6 by 6 Christmas Tale pages.


2. I die cut a circle from the front and die cut a border with a matching slightly larger die. I tried to find cardstock which matched up with the blues in the image and also the papers.


3. My plan originally was to stick the image directly onto the inside page but I decided to put it on a flap so that I could add a message section.


4. The flap was just scored at 0.5 inches from the edge so I could tuck this little fold under the inside paper. The message section is cut with a Tonic ATC die. I had a second image on my desk so I added this too, so it would be visible as the flap opened.


5. Finally I added the Tim Holtz washi strips and faux stitching with a fineliner on most edges.



Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, what a wonderful card and such a great fun image too. I love the papers you've teamed it up with. Thanks for joining the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx
    PS Good luck with the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cool technique! I like the look of this finished card. The aperture is wonderful!
    Thanks for taking part in the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.