Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Friday 2 April 2021

Blog Along with Effy - Post One



Do you have things like this in your craft room?

 My husband was sorting out the garage and came across these reels of fine copper wire - Do I want them? Of course I do, only I am not sure what I will do with them yet...

When we go around the charity shops, there are always things that I think I can upcycle. This week I found two lovely wooden boxes that will be altered...and last week I found the star-shaped frame for $2 which was just waiting for a Tracy Scott inspired mandala...

Anyway, my blog usually features the cards and ATCs that I make for various design teams and challenges.  I am however becoming more and more interested in mixed media and playing with paint. My journals have changed from almost 'scrapbooking' to being much more arty. When I saw Effy's Blog Along I thought I would make some 'diary' posts with some of the journal pages I have been pleased with.

So - what a year it has been!

My husband and I moved from the UK to Australia just over a year ago. This is a long story - but basically we came back to live near our 4 children and their families. We did not think that within weeks Covid would strike and we would spend so much time in lockdown! Nor did we realise that we wouldn't be able to get on a plane to fly back and see relatives in the UK. This was particularly heartbreaking when my Dad died in August and then my Mum passed away in October...

I can only say that crafting has been my lifeline... 

While in the UK, I was a member of the UK Stampers Network and it has been lovely to keep in touch with them, exchange cards and join in fortnightly 'Craft and Chat' Zoom meetings. In fact one of those was this morning. It was a bit of a shock to get up to join them today though as the hour had changed in the UK. It will be worse next time as the hour will have changed here in Victoria this weekend!

Finally a recent piece of mixed media that I have particularly liked (this was inspired by Wanderlust 2021)...


and a picture taken from our house yesterday evening.


More tomorrow...


Happy Crafting!





3 comments:

  1. I love that I am not the only one that can say "yes I'll have it" my daughter is always "offloading" things to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sunset is beautiful. The copper wire will look nice as accents on mixed media projects, or would be great for jewelry. Have you seen copper coil jewelry? It is fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhh that copper wire makes me a bit jelly. That would be fabulous in my art journals!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.