Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Wednesday 14 April 2021

Blog Along with Effy - Post Thirteen

 


If you have been reading some of my April posts you will know that when I saw
Effy's Blog Along I thought I would share some 'diary' posts, along with some of the crafty things I have been doing. I intended writing this yesterday but once again life got in the way!
Although I had two or three prompts up my sleeve, this has ended up 'A day in the Life...'

Our daughter is staying at the moment (she is a teacher on Easter Holidays) and when she is here we always get around to some playing - hence the top picture. This is a picture of my messy desk while we were playing with stamped embossed images and Brushos.

            


This is also my desk picture for WOYWW 619! As it is Wednesday again, I am linking to the Stamping Ground. Actually my daughter and I were under the impression that it was still Tuesday until after lunch, so I am pretty late today. If you want to know what WOYWW is all about please follow the links...

WOYWW

I have made one of my pieces into an ATC.


Sophie also set me off on a bit of crochet - wait and see what it becomes! Sophie's is the bigger bit as she started before me...


Sophie is also keen on a day trip so yesterday we went to Daylesford - about a two hour drive away. It is great that we can do that now. No masks and everywhere open here in Victoria!

The plan was to visit some Art Galleries and Botanic Gardens. These first two pictures were at The Convent in Daylesford which is an Art Gallery and Cafe. The building itself is interesting as it once was a Convent.


The next three pictures are from the Botanic Gardens.



We also spent time in 'antique shops' and by the lake.



A good day out!
I thought I would finish with a couple of floral journal pages (Inspired by Tracy Scott).
 


Happy Crafting!

19 comments:

  1. The embossing with the brushoes look so pretty! Must try that! It must be lovely to have your daughter visit and the botanic gardens look gorgeous! Enjoy the rest of the week! xx zsuzsa #24

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have had some time with your daughter and have managed to get out and about together Susan. SOme fun artwork on display this week too. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely you can get out and visit with your daughter and that you can spend some crafting time together as well.
    Looking forward to seeing how your crochet turns out
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little octopus ATC! Thanks for sharing your life with us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crochet, a cute little octopus, and gardens - this gives me a squee 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Brusho's - so much fun! I got some for Christmas last year after lusting after them for years! It must be so awesome to be able to get back to normal again, it will still be a long while for us in Canada, where the 4th wave is attacking right now. I'm still waiting for my vaccine. You guys did so well! I love the Octopus ATC, and your photos of the Botanical Gardens. I can see some Fall sneaking in on the trees in the background! I love your floral journal pages too. Have fun with your daughter! Have a great week, Lindart #30

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Brushos are a lot of fun, I do like the colourful abstract backgrounds they make. Your crochet is super neat as well (and your daughter’s), it’ll be fun to see how it progresses. How lovely to be able to get out and about, I’m looking forward to when we can do that as well!
    Hugs LLJ 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like your embossing/brusho technique, Susan, and your other art work is brilliant too. I love the floral journal pages. What a beautiful place you visited, and I'm glad you were able to have some family time.

    Thank you for your visit to my last week's blog post. More work has been done on the kitty throw since then!

    Happy WOYWW,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you and your daughter are having a great week; enjoy the rest of the time. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm late today as we've been sorting mum's second vaccination and hearing test so at least we've got that done. Pleased to see you have a play mate for a while. Have a very happy and creative woyww. Hugs, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Crikey! So much to look at - most WOYWWers do multiple crafts but you really excel at so many. Love the journal pages and the brusho technique (I don't use mine enough) and the crochet...Wish we had gardens like that near here - still hoping to get to Stourhead one day VERY soon so that will have to do!
    Socially distanced knitting in the garden yesterday so TODAY is WOYWW for me!
    Mary Anne (3)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How nice to play with your daughter. Loving the various different crafts on display - they are all so good, but that octopus made me smile. Happy belated WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#15)

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely to have play time with your daughter! I had some time with my newly 12 year old girlie for some scrapping today. Wish my mum had taught me to crochet. Stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #8

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those emboss resist with the brushos - brilliant idea! Am very envious of your day out - we aren't quite there yet. Have a good week, stay well, stay safe, love n hugs Cindyxx #12

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your visit, Susan, and glad you like my various bits and pieces! The "apple heart" may be gone, but the photos are still around. I am much happier having redone it.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Shoshi #18

    ReplyDelete
  16. How lovely to be able to do art with your daughter. The crochet work looks good too. Your day out sounds wonderful Angela #9

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, it seems so out of the ordinary to hear that you and your daughter had a day together at home and went out for a day without too many restrictions, how happy it makes me!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Belated WOYWW. How wonderful to be able to have your daughter visit and go out for a day out. You live in such a beautiful area. I did get over the COVID jab in a couple of days. Ali x #22

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh looks like a fab Easter break and loving the brushos technique too

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.