Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Saturday 24 April 2021

Blog Along with Effy - Post Twenty Three


This morning I have been playing with the background of another journal page. A 'use up' page- I had squeezed out too much green paint! Paint through Stencils, stamping and then doodling.


If you have been reading some of my April posts you will know that when I saw
Effy's Blog Along I thought I would share some 'diary' posts, along with some of the crafty things I have been doing.

We went to see Harry Potter The Cursed Child Part I, last night.


Everything almost felt like normal. Well, except for having to wear the masks throughout the performance!
We used to go to the theatre quite frequently in the UK. I think the last time was to see Tina in London, during the Christmas of 2019.  We moved to Australia shortly after and as you know lockdown happened! We have now been to a theatre twice since being back here - the first time was to see a Traveling Wilbury's Tribute Band (who were pretty good!).
And now Harry Potter. The first two Acts were in Part 1. We came out, full of the special effects. They were pretty spectacular!
It took me back to when I was living in Hong Kong working for a theatre company. My job was to look after the kids when we took Peter Pan to Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Taipei. It was an amazing production involving a lot of dancing, singing - and flying!


I don't seem to be doing very much is this backstage shot!



Kevin and I have also been involved in Am Dram. This was when we lived in Abu Dhabi when we were involved in Abu Dhabi Dramatic Society.


We did perform on stage (above) but our main occupation for ADDS was backstage, providing props, set building and producing special effects. We quite liked to use dry ice - smoking shoes!




And I was very pleased with this 'scissors in the back' prop that I made for one play...


Kevin and I were often the pantomime camel.


But this had to be our finest hour...the pantomime shark which Kevin and I made and both got inside (and frightened the kids!!)



All for now - see you tomorrow! 

This was supposed to be posted yesterday but somehow wasn't - I am behind again!





Happy Crafting!



12 comments:

  1. oh my goodness this is amazing! you are so creative and talented, and your life sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all that creative expression in action! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun life you seem to be having! I love the shark and the scissors in the back. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so miss going to the theatre!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowser's what an interesting life you and your family have had - I enjoy reading and seeing your blog posts - I missed 4 days of blogging myself, but that's ok as life does happen. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun experiences! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what fun theater adventures you've had! Loved seeing all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've had a lot of fun over the years in theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your journal page - very pretty!

    I can't wait to go to the theater again. It looks like you had fun.

    Cheryl (SheStamps)
    Visit my blog - She Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! You guys are amazing with the smoking shoes and the shark, what fun you must have! Elle xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.