Featured Post

Creative Warriors Inspiration Team - Term 3 Post #15

            This is my next inspiration for the Creative Warriors Inspiration Team  with  Michelle Grant Designs You will see our inspiratio...

Wednesday 7 April 2021

What's on your workdesk #618/ Blog Along with Effy Post 6

                         WOYWW   

Wednesday again, so I am linking to the Stamping Ground today.

Here's my desk picture for WOYWW 618!


Again it's my messy area in the utility room...
I was just gesso-ing my journal pages  in readiness for Wanderlust Week 14. This is as far as I have got. The theme is 'spirit trees' so I have been looking at images of and real-life trees all week. This image took my eye from The Guardian... but I will see what I end up with!


We have also been to the Australian Botanic Garden near Cranbourne again - lots of lovely trees there.

These are hundreds of years old:


And this is a scribbly bark:


By the way if you couldn't see the bandicoot last week...


I haven't done much crafting this week - certainly my journals have had no input.
 I have made a number of cards - and this week seems to have been 'fancy fold' week - but if you would like to see them, please scroll down my posts. 

I did notice Effy Wild's Blog Along so I am taking part in that - I will add this post there as it is a little different from the ones I have shared so far.


Why haven't I done much crafting?
Well, it was Easter - and it was my Birthday on the 4th.
We were very fortunate to be able to have most of the family around
 for an Easter Sunday dinner.


We had of course made hot cross buns...


But also on the 1st we took over a section of a local market - selling upcycled and crafty items.
This was our stall at the start:


It was amazing how our huge amount of items (we thought) looked so sparse once on our shelves. So each day we have been building up our stock. Luckily we do not have to man the stall - everything is sold centrally - we just barcode everything. We have also been slightly amazed at what has sold already!


Hoping you are all keeping well... 

Happy WOYWW !!

 

18 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have family around. Pandemic aside, mine are all far to far away. Missing them for sure. I agree on the trees from the Guardian - they are very evocative, misty and almost spellbinding. They would be a great choice, but whatever you pick, I'm sure it will be fab. Don't forget to share!
    Happy WOYWW day!
    Mary Anne (2)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love trees, love them in winter when the branches are bare and you can see the shape of the tree and also in spring when the new leaves appear. My favourite time is autumn for the leaves when they turn all the different colours. Saying that I love your spirit trees.
    Glad you enjoyed Easter with the family and good luck with the selling.
    Hugs, Neert 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the spirit trees from the Guardian.I look forward to seeing yours. I’m glad you managed to enjoy Easter with your family and hope you had a good birthday. Your craft market looks interesting- shame it’s so far away!
    Take care and happy WOYWW
    Hugs
    Lynnecrafts 10

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love that image of those trees too - very eerie and would suit the theme spirit trees perfectly! Your dining room looks certainly big enough for a family meal. We only have four chairs around ours so we're really not fitted out for large gatherings, nor would I know how to cook for that many people. We sometimes have my husband's brother and his family over - making a total of 6 - and we struggle with that! Love the idea of your local market stall - hope you'll sell many things - and it's lucky that you don't have to sit there. Have a lovely week! xx zsuzsa #21

    ReplyDelete
  5. A belated Happy birthday Susan. Looks like you have been keeping busy. The spirit trees inspiration is cool! Look forward to seieng yours. Stay safe and happy WOYWW. Sarah #7

    ReplyDelete
  6. That tree image is so inspiring. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Susan. The photo of the trees in the mist is lovely - The dining table looks SO inviting. How fabulous to be able to have your family round, in the house, and to share a meal with them. Belated Happy Birthday to you - a birthday n Easter Sunday - brilliant. Hope you all had a great time together. I am hoping to see my family next week - the first time since September. Hope the market stall goes well - all the best with keeping up with stock!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Susan, I didn't realise that Wanderlust is still going. Loving the tree pics and your little friend. Australia have such interesting animals. Happy belated birthday too. Sending big hugs and wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x17x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving all the different trees. How nice to be able to have your family around with you. That's one of the things we missed this Easter. Happy WOYWW. Take care and stay safe. With love & God Bless, Caro xxx (#14)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a full week that sounds - fabulous to be able to get together with family; what a treat. Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  11. No family for us, although they said tuesday...and then thursday, but now its friday. haven't see them for so long! Last time we were together as a whole family, including Lady Pam, was Christmas 2019, I think...we where house and dog sitting and the owners said we could have the family over, seeing it was Christmas..they had a huge dinning table so for once we all had a chair and plenty of room! .Love the trees, one thing we don't see around here are strange trees! Stay safe! Keep crafting! Happy WOYWW?! ((Lyn)) #13

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow Susan, happy belated birthday that first shot of the botanical gardens totally looks like some awesome painting. :) ~Stacy #26

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love trees - your pictures of them are lovely. The very old ones are particularly special because I like to think of all the history they have seen. If only they could speak! Happy belated birthday.

    Happy belated WOYWW too!
    Shoshi x #20

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how great to have family round the table...we were a party of three and it was nice but quiet! Those ancient trees put me in mind of lockdown hair. I think it’s all getting to me now! Big pages being prepared there Susan, I’m not entirely sure I realised their size before now. Duh. Great that you’re selling stuff at the market...I always find it’s the stuff that I think won’t sell in a month of sundays that go first!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The trees from the newspaper certainly fit the bill for spirit trees. A belated happy birthday for the 4th. Take care Angela #6

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the trees from the Guardian. I'm off to have a look at Effy Wild now... Belated visit but still, stay safe and keep smiling, Lisa-Jane #9

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to your spirit trees journal page the first picture is lovely. Thanks for the visit BJ#5

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning, Susan. Belated Birthday Blessings. I do love those trees from The Guardian. very haunting. I may have to look that image up. I'm off to accomplish. Creative Blessings! Kelly #24

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a look at my blog and maybe leaving a comment! Please come back soon!


To comply with the new EU ePrivacy Regulation:

Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog do so on the understanding that their name and personal details will be visible to anyone who visits this blog. On entering a piece of artwork into any competition or giveaway that I might promote, they do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to our use of that personal information should it be selected as a winner - thanks.